Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2 days!

I still cannot believe it's almost time for me to head to Uganda. This is something I have prayed about and dreamed about for so long. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have the opportunity to serve in Africa. When I started this journey several months ago I never imagined that I would be able to raise all of the funds needed for my trip. Today, I am in awe of how many family, friends, and people I barely know that have reached out to me. 

Today, I am asking for prayers. I have been reading a lot of verses on peace and I am needing prayers that the Lord will provide me peace as I travel. This is my first time traveling alone, and my first time flying out of the country. 


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

I know the Lord has everything under control, and I am so excited to be a part of the orphanage team for Believers Word Outreach. I can't wait to share all the amazing things God does during these next two weeks! 

Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment